Sunday, November 9, 2008

...And I'm off!!!

It's official. As of 11/6/08 I am going to be an Israeli! I was approved for Aliyah and got on the Nefesh B'nefesh flight of my request. The date is December 29th, which gives me around 10 days to gather my 21 years of life into two suitcases and a backpack. A tall order, as I must drive to New York city the day my finals are over, have a final Aliyah meeting, and drive all the way to Charleston, SC with my belongings. This gives me a week and a half with my family, and then I'm off. My poor mother...

Here are the plans as they stand:
December 28th: fly to the NY area.
December 29th: Aliyah flight from JFK
December 30th- January 14th: Stay with friends/family and tie up loose ends with Aliyah
January 15th-July 15th: Ulpan Etzion in Jerusalem.

That's all I know as of now. At some point I will have to enlist in the army, for a maximum of 2 years. Unfortunately, I won't know anything about my service until I am in Israel for a few months. 

-Yachiel

No comments: